Eia Campaign Administrator – Forests
7th January 2015
The Environmental Investigation agency (EIA) is an independent campaigning organisation committed to bringing about change that protects the natural world from environmental crime and abuse.
EIA’s Forests Campaign has been a major part of EIA’s work since 1999 and seeks to reduce global deforestation by improving forest governance in producer countries and implementing demand-side controls in major consumer markets. To achieve these aims, EIA conducts research, investigations and lobbying activities designed to curb illegal logging and trade in illicit timber by closing major markets to imports of illegally sourced timber and wood products. EIA is also working to ensure forest governance measures are addressed, and to reduce forest conversion for plantations.
Main Purpose of Position:
This position will be central in supporting the administrative needs of the Forest Campaign as directed by the Forest Team Leader. Please note this is NOT a campaigner role.
Range of Responsibilities:
• Act as a liaison between the Forest Campaign and other departments within the organisation as directed. This will include Finance, Communications and Fundraising;
• Assist in maintaining Forest project budgets;
• Respond to finance queries regarding project expenditure;
• Assist and liaise between the Forest Campaign and print/design companies for EIA published reports;
• Assist in campaign research as required.
• Assist in all project quarterly reporting;
• Compile calendar and campaign activities for internal use.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office;
• Experience of financial procedures;
• Experience of project finance;
• Good communication skills;
• Good written skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Good attention to detail.
This post is based in the London office of EIA and applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
See application form below (attached doc)